There is no better time than now to look your best! With the changing of the seasons, it's essential to think about protecting and nurturing your skin. A lot of research validates the use of tea as an antioxidant to ward off skin damage due to aging, including wrinkles. Find out what teas are the best for your needs.
Here are my recommended 7 teas that provide anti-aging benefits and defend against wrinkles
1) Green Tea - Green tea is a great drink to add to your daily routine. It's been shown in studies that green tea can help with wrinkles and aging. This is because green tea contains antioxidants called catechins, which fight against free radicals in the body and protect you from damage caused by them. In addition, the EGCG in green tea has also been shown to prevent collagen breakdown, making it an excellent source of skincare benefits for your skin!
2) Rooibos - Rooibos is a plant from South Africa and has been used for centuries as a natural anti-aging remedy. Rooibos tea, for example, is known to have a fantastic effect on the skin due to its high levels of antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and iron. The rooibos extract can be applied topically or taken internally, which will boost your immune system and help you fight against free radicals. It also has excellent benefits for hair health too!
3) White Tea - White tea is a great solution to combat wrinkles and aging skin. It has been used for thousands of years in Asia, where it was found that the plant had anti-inflammatory properties. White tea is made from unfermented leaves that are picked before they open, which means it's packed with antioxidants. Antioxidants prevent free radicals in the body, leading to wrinkled, sagging skin and other signs of aging.
4) Oolong - The benefits of Oolong tea are endless, but here are just some reasons to try it out. Oolong contains antioxidants that can help protect your skin from aging, so you'll get more youthful-looking skin with fewer wrinkles. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that fight off acne and other terrible skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis.
5) Dandelion Team - Dandelion root tea is a gentle diuretic that supports liver function and digestion, two essential components for clear skin!
6) Ginger Tea - Ginger root tea is an ancient remedy that not only helps with digestion but also works its beauty magic as a potent anti-inflammatory for your body and skin.
7) Chamomile Tea - Chamomile tea is a superstar of antioxidants and protects the skin from free-radical damage. It accelerates cell regeneration, helps tighten your pores as well as slows down the aging process! Plus, chamomile has a high concentration of phytochemical quercetin, which promotes restful sleep and helps with cramp relief during periods.